Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Halloween at GMS

This Halloween was on a Saturday this year.  Every Saturday, we have Gifted Music School (GMS).  In GMS, I am part of a piano quartet.  My quartet consists of a Violinist (McCall), Violist (Mackie), Cellist (Kayden), and me playing the piano.

This year, we decided we wanted to dress up for halloween, but sharing a theme.  The original idea was to go as characters from the Wizard of Oz.  I was going to be Dorothy.  Then McCall would be the Tin Man, Mackie the Cowardly Lion, and Kayden as the Scarecrow.

When I went to get my costume, though, I decided I didn't want to be Dorothy.  Instead, I found a costume for Little Red Riding Hood that I really liked.  I decided that I was going to be Little Red Riding hood and my quartet might not dress up as one theme.

When I told my friends that I was going as Little Red Riding Hood, Mackie immediately assigned new costumes.  She would go as the Wolf, McCall as the Woodsman, and Kayden as the Grandma.  It was a really funny thought of Kayden as the grandma.  I really didn't think he would wear the costume for us.

Little Red Riding Hood Characters:Left to Right: Mackie, Me, Kayden, and McCall.
On Saturday, October 31, I came to GMS and saw my group.  They all dressed as characters from Little Red Riding Hood.  It was so cool to have us all dressed like that.  We looked like we came just out of a fairytale.

Kayden liked his costume for about the first hour, then he said that the wig started to get itchy.  He didn't really like wearing the dress either.  I was so glad he agreed to be the grandma because our group looked so cool together.

There were many other people that dressed up at GMS as well.  Some people dressed as one of our music teachers.  We thought it was hilarious, but only people in GMS would understand the joke.  Other people were Zombies or doctors.  

In the evening, Mackie was the only one who could come trick-or-treating with me.  I was sad that our whole group couldn't go, but I was glad at least one other character could come with me.  I also went trick-or-treating with one of my other friends, Ava.  She came dressed as the Grimm Reaper.  Our story to tie us all together was that the Grimm Reaper was waiting for the Wolf to kill Little Red Riding Hood.  The Grimm Reaper could then take Little Red Riding Hood's soul.  The Grimm Reaper gets the Wolf's soul instead though.

We got so much candy even though we moved pretty slow.  We weren't in the mood for running and falling, so we took out time.  Many houses gave out full sized candy bars so we really got lots of good candy.    

No comments:

Post a Comment