Friday, January 15, 2016

Temple Square

I went to Temple Square to look at the Temple lights.  I went with my mom, dad, and little brother, Kaj.   We went when it was pretty dark outside.  All of the trees had colorful lights on them.  Also, many of the bushes had fun light designs on them.

It was really cold and really crowded.  It seemed like everyone wanted to look at the temple lights.  I mean, it wasn't a bad idea because it was so pretty.

I really enjoyed looking at the nativity sets.  The nativities were from different places.  There were indians,



There were little paper bags that had different languages and Christmas words on it.  I found all of the languages that I know, but there were so many other languages.  I found Chinese, Danish, and Korean.  The words were written in the different languages, but had english translations underneath.

This is the Chinese character for love.  It is made of a paper bag with little holes poked into it to show the light that is inside the bag.  I wonder how long it took for the artists to make these.









It is so hard to get decent pictures of my brother.  He is always making funny faces or moving around too much to get a good shot.  This picture took a few tries, but he finally sat still enough for me to take the picture.  He actually looked pretty cute.  
















After we went to the Temple lights, we went to the Grand America Hotel.  They had such cute Christmas displays.  Each window had a Christmas scene in it.  There was one with the Grinch's head going up and down the chimney.  Some had moving parts in them, but others were just set pictures.  There was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, The Twelve Days of Christmas, Snowy Owls, and so many more.

The way they were crafted were so artistic and fun to look at.  There were big windows and little windows.  Some of the little windows had scenes made of marshmallows.  I wish I had windows that looked as neat as these did.

The Grand America was such a nice hotel.  Not only were the windows awesome, but they also had many beautifully decorated trees.  There was even a life size gingerbread house.  It was made with real ginger bread and frosting with gigantic candy canes.




I had a really fun night with my family.  We were really cold after being outside, but there were so many fun things to see


1 comment:

  1. This looks so pretty, it makes me really want to go there.

    ReplyDelete