Sunday, January 31, 2016

Ideal reader for my blog


Dear Delta Goodrem,

Delta Goodrem
I originally planned my blog to be about music and the hard work it takes to be able to play well.  I also added posts about my home life and trips I take.  It turned out to have mostly posts about my home life and fun things that I do.  

I have made some posts about my quartet and all that we have done together.  They are some of my best friends and we work hard together to be able to compete and play in concerts.  I am hoping that even after college, we will still be able to play music together.  Maybe even some fun pop song arrangements rather than the classical music we are currently doing.  

I am currently doing classical piano, but I really enjoy playing some pop songs and singing to them as well.  I love being good enough to just sight read some fun pop songs and play through them.  I also love to sing, but not in front of people.  I love to play through my Disney song book, but also my pop song books.  

The best songs I like to play are ones that have piano and vocals because it sounds better when I try to cover it.  Being able to play the piano at the level that I can is great because I can actually make it sound like the actual song


I really admire the pop stars that are able to not only sing, but also be able to play piano really well too.  So, Delta Goodrem, you are one of my favorite singers.  Not only do you  have an amazing voice, but you also are really good at the piano.  When you play, you have fast fingers and play the piano at some of your live concerts.  I love to watch how engaged you are when you play the piano and sing.

The piano is a great instrument to play because you can pair it with anything.  Piano is a great accompaniment and solo instrument.  Especially vocals sound great with piano.  Piano is an instrument that everybody should be able to play because it helps you with so much.

I know that I practice about 3-5 hours everyday.  Sometimes I even have to put in more time.  The most I have put in is 8 hours and 45 minutes.  That was a lot of practicing for me, but sometimes that is the amount of work it requires to achieve something.

Almost all of your songs have piano in them and it really compliments your voice.  I really like all of your songs and they have great lyrics and melodies to them.  

I have always dreamed about becoming a singer who played the piano as well.  I don't think that will happen, but possibly playing more pop related piano music.  I want to be able to entertain people more with piano music.  Many people don't like to listen to classical music.  I agree that it can sometimes get a little boring.

Piano and keyboards can create such cool effects for music and is a great foundation for many songs.  I don't always like practicing, but at the end of the day, I am always glad that I stick with piano.




 




No comments:

Post a Comment